Find useful information on the CLM regional model, the list of output variables and a figure of the model region here.
CLM regional climate model runs
The local model of the German Meteorological Service (Deutscher Wetterdienst, DWD) is used in its climate version (CLM) to simulate the regional climate of today (1960-2000) and future decades in Europe (2001-2100). CLM is a non hydrostatic regional climate model. For further information on the model architecture and physics, please refer to the CLM-homepage.
The variables of the regional model are calculated
- as two-dimensional
near surface fields,
- as three dimensional soil and atmospheric fields.
- The soil fields are simulated on 10 different levels with a maximum depth of 15 meters.
- The atmospheric fields are given on 6 pressure levels (200, 500, 700, 850, 925 and 1000 hPa) in the output data; model levels add up to 32.
- The time interval of the output fields range from 1 to 6 hours and includes daily output fields, depending on the respective variables.
CLM model output as time series on two different grids
- The overall output format of the CLM regional model data is netCDF.
- For the original model output (referenced as data stream 1) please contact model(at)dkrz.de for further information.
- The model output is transformed into time series and is provided in two different grids (data stream 2 and data stream 3) via the CERA data base at M&D.
- For the data transformation between the respective grids the CDO-routines are used. (See CDO for more details.)
- Please find below the grid information for the data on the rotated grid (data stream 2) and on the regular grid (data stream 3). Given is the spacing between the grid points, the coordinates of the starting point (center of grid cell) and the number of gridpoints in west-east and south-north-direction. Note that for the rotated grid the position of the rotated north pole deviates from the geographical pole.
|data stream 2||data stream 3|
|gridtype||lonlat rotated grid||lonlat regular grid|
|starting point (lon,lat)||(-23.7275,-20.8725)||(-10.6, 34.6)|
|number of grid points (lon,lat)||( 241,255)||(238, 177)|
|position of north pole (lon,lat)||(-162.0,39.25)||(0, 90)|
|generation characteristics||model output||post processed|
- The model domain covers the west European region between
10.7 W to 36.9 E and
34.5 N to 69.9 N (see figure).
CLM - output
- A list of the CLM output variable on the different grids (data stream 2 and data stream 3) is available as pdf-document: clm parameter weblist
- On the regular grid (data stream 3) several additional data products (like monthly mean or other climatological information) have been processed and are accessible via the CERA data base as well.
- Find out in the download list indicated above for which parameters daily, monthly or yearly values have been processed and which additional data products have been generated.